The Pixies’ Doolittle 20th anniversary tour comes to America in November for 14 concerts in nine different cities, including multiple-night stands in New York, Chicago, Seattle and Oakland.
The band last month announced an October run of 12 European concerts — including four nights in London and two shows each in Dublin and Paris — at which it will perform its 1989 classic Doolittle front-to-back, plus dip into that record’s assorted B-sides, including “Weird at My School,” “Dancing the Manta Ray” and “Bailey’s Walk.”
This morning, the band’s publicist confirmed the Pixies’ U.S. dates — the group’s first since 2005 — which begin Nov. 4 in Los Angeles and run through Nov. 30 in Washington, D.C.
Until earlier this year, the reactivated Pixies had been dormant since the end of their 2004-2007 reunion. Last month, though, the band re-emerged to play a series of European festival dates and invite-only concerts. The quartet also is releasing an enormous box set called Minotaur in September.
Currently, frontman Black Francis is on a U.S. tour both as a solo-acoustic act and, along with his wife, Violet Clark, as Grand Duchy. Meanwhile, Kim Deal will take the Breeders out for a short U.S. tour in August.
Full tour dates after the jump…
Pixies Doolittle 20th anniverary U.S. tour dates:
Nov. 4: The Palladium, Los Angeles, CA (On sale TBA)
Nov. 8: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA (On sale Aug. 16)
Nov. 9: Fox Theater, Oakland, CA (On sale Aug. 16)
Nov. 12: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA (On sale Aug. 1)
Nov. 13: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA (On sale Aug. 1)
Nov. 14: Hult Center, Eugene, OR (On sale Aug. 14)
Nov. 16: The Fillmore, Denver, CO (On sale Sept. 12)
Nov. 20: Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL (On sale Sept. 12)
Nov. 21: Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL (On sale Sept. 12)
Nov. 23: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY (On sale Aug. 14)
Nov. 24: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY (On sale Aug. 14)
Nov. 25: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY (On sale Aug. 14)
Nov. 27: Wang Center, Boston, MA (On sale Sept. 12)
Nov. 30: Constitution Hall, Washington, D.C. (On sale Sept. 11)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Bauhaus, Pixies, The Fall up for ‘Omnibus’ reissues from new Beggars Archive imprint
- Quick Spins: Pixies in Canada, Morrissey speaks, Dinosaur Jr does The Cure
- Breeders touring North America this August between Kim Deal’s Pixies treks
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ tour coming to U.S. this fall
- Tour dates: Pixies to play ‘Doolittle’ at 20th anniversary concerts in Europe
- Pixies’ Black Francis plots solo-acoustic shows, Grand Duchy dates this summer
- Pixies roar back to life with Stockholm, Isle of Wight gigs, plus ‘Minotaur’ box set