Now that EMI has come out defending its last set of expanded Duran Duran reissues, the label has pushed back the next pair: 1986’s Notorious and 1988’s Big Thing both now due on Sept. 27, nearly four months after their original June release date. Duran Duran posted the new date Monday, although a fan site reported months ago that an early September release was likely. Each of the albums will be available in 2CD/1DVD sets, as well as on vinyl — plus there’ll be digital-only live albums for each title (see full details here).
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- EMI defends Duran Duran remastering, won’t replace CDs over ‘Girls on Film’ glitch
- Video: Duran Duran’s Nick Rhodes promises ‘we will have a record done this year’
- Duran Duran’s ‘Notorious,’ ‘Big Thing’ to be reissued in 2CD/1DVD editions in June
- Duran Duran reissuing self-titled debut, ‘Seven and the Ragged Tiger’
- Duran Duran spinoff Arcadia reissuing ‘So Red the Rose’ as 2CD/1DVD set