As promised a few days ago, The Cure this morning confirmed headlining slots at three European festival performances this summer — Hultsfred Festival in Sweden and Hurricane and Southside festivals, both in Germany over the same weekend — with a promise of “lots more to come,” according to the band’s official site.
Tickets for all three festivals, all in June, already are on sale.
On Friday, Robert Smith announced on the band’s website that, “The Cure will be headlining a series of major European music festivals this summer.”
Re-enlisting keyboardist Roger O’Donnell and, on occasion, his predecessor Lol Tolhurst, The Cure last year performed a series of “Reflections” concerts in Syndey, Los Angeles, New York and London, and also headlined the U.K.’s Bestival, releasing a 2CD document of that show.
At the end of the band’s final New York show in November, Smith told the crowd, “We’ll see you again next year.” There’s been no word yet of possible U.S. concerts.
The Cure tour dates:
June 14-16: Hultsfred Festival, Hultsfred, Sweden
June 22-24: Hurricane Festival, Scheeßel, Germany
June 22-24: Southside Festival, Tuttlingen, Germany
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure to headline ‘series of major European music festivals’ this summer
- The Cure reissuing ‘Wish’ in 2012, prepping ‘Friday I’m In Love’ Record Store Day 7-inch
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys make Rock Hall of Fame — The Cure snubbed
- The Cure’s Robert Smith hints at 2012 tour, tells New York: ‘We’ll see you again next year’
- The Cure to release ‘Bestival Live 2011’ CD next month with complete 32-song set
- Robert Smith to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: ‘Jason Cooper is The Cure’s drummer… bah!’
- The Cure to perform ‘Reflections’ concerts in London, New York, Los Angeles in November