David Gedge and The Wedding Present this fall will offer fans an unusual look into the making of their latest album — Valentina, which came out in March — via a 64-page hardback book that promises a “behind-the-scenes account” of the album’s recording complete with rare photos and track-by-track commentary from each band member.
“Valentina: The Story of a Wedding Present Album” is due to be published Oct. 25 by Gedge’s label, Scopitones, in conjunction with The Friday Project. According to the band, fans who buy the book also will be able to “unlock” additional digital content including downloads of the full record, extra tracks and a 30-minute documentary.
The book is available for pre-order via Amazon.co.uk.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Wedding Present at SXSW — full KEXP set at Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop
- Video: The Wedding Present, ‘You’re Dead’ — spot references to 29 songs/albums
- The Wedding Present to release ‘Valentina,’ band’s eighth studio album, in March
- The Wedding Present to release ‘Live 1990’ — featuring band’s first North American concert
- The Wedding Present to release new album in March, bring ‘Seamonsters’ tour to U.S.
- The Wedding Present, Tanya Donelly, Doug Martsch cover The Smiths for new tribute