Following news this week that The Lemonheads are working on a Ryan Adam-produced reunion album, the U.K.’s Fire Records today announced that it will reissue the band’s first three albums — 1987’s Hate Your Friends, 1988’s Creator and 1989’s Lick, all of which featured Evan Dando and original co-songwriter Ben Deily — some time in 2013.
The label has not announced release dates or revealed tracklists for the reissues, but is offering up a free download of the Lick opener “Mallo Cup,” which you can grab below, and check out the song’s video. In announcing the reissues, Fire Records notes that, “The three albums chart the course of the band from noise punk pranksters, to international pop stars as they evolved from Deily’s Lemonheads to Dando’s Lemonheads.”
Earlier this week, Adams revealed on Twitter that he’s producing — and playing drums on — a new Lemonheads album featuring Dano and former bandmates Deily and Juliana Hatfield. Adams described the new music as going “back to the punker sounds” of the band’s early work.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Ryan Adams producing Lemonheads reunion album that goes ‘back to the punker sounds’
- Juliana Hatfield rejoins The Lemonheads for fall U.S. dates with The Psychedelic Furs
- The Lemonheads to play ‘It’s a Shame About Ray’ on fall tours of North America, U.K.
- The Lemonheads’ Evan Dando plans 5-week solo tour of the U.S. early next year
- Evan Dando’s Lemonheads to release Gibby Haynes-produced covers album, tour U.S.