Dave Gahan soon will have a new Depeche Mode album to promote, but first he’s trying his hand at selling Volkswagens: The frontman appears, fairly briefly, in a new French commercial for the VW Golf that is soundtracked by a couple cover versions of the DM staple “People Are People” as well as the original recording.
As Depeche Mode fansite Home notes, Gahan already has an online presence with VW, but now fans — at least those in France — can see him on TV, too. The new ad follows a Staples back-to-school spot featuring “Just Can’t Get Enough” that aired here in the U.S. this past summer.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Depeche Mode debuts new untitled song in Paris with in-studio video — hear it here
- Depeche Mode: New album cross between ‘Violator,’ ‘Songs of Faith and Devotion’
- Depeche Mode tour 2013 : Rumored European dates surface on eve of press conference
- Depeche Mode launches countdown to ‘exciting announcement’ on Oct. 23 in Paris
- Depeche Mode’s new album to be released in April 2013, followed by ‘full world tour’
- Video: Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan performs with Soulsavers at Los Angeles studio
- Milestones: Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan is 50 today — watch 7 full concerts, 1981-2009
Love it! Go Dave!!
Nice to see he moved up from that crapbox in the Never Let Me Down Again video.
that “crapbox” is a BMW Isetta! PFFT!
Shouldn’t he be working on the album instead???
That “crapbox” was EPIC!