Steve Wynn today revealed that The Dream Syndicate — which reunited last year for a series of concerts in Spain celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Days of Wine and Roses — will play what he’s billing as the band’s first U.S. show since 1988 when it performs this summer at Wilco’s Solid Sound festival in North Adams, Mass.
The full lineup for the June 21-23 festival has yet to be announced, but it will include Wilco, Neko Case, The Blisters and more. Tickets are on sale now.
“Been keeping this one under my hat and glad to finally spread the word–The Dream Syndicate will be playing our first US show since 1988 at Wilco’s fabulous Solid Sound festival in North Adams, Mass this June. Check the festival’s website for more details. See you there”
The current incarnation of The Dream Syndicate features frontman Wynn, original drummer Dennis Duck, bassist Mark Walton (who joined after 1984′s Medicine Show) and guitarist Jason Victor, who plays in Wynn’s current band, The Miracle Three.
While Wynn is billing the gig as The Dream Syndicate’s first U.S. show since 1988, the band did reunite in 1991 for a short performance at a Los Angeles benefit and again in 2006 under the “Steve Wynn & Friends” banner for a show in Santa Monica, Calif.
Check out video from one of The Dream Syndicate’s Spanish concerts last September.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Dream Syndicate reunites for 30th anniversary concerts in Spain
- The Dream Syndicate reuniting to mark 30th anniversary of ‘The Days of Wine and Roses’
- Q&A: Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn on Baseball Project, ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s Steve Wynn to release ‘Northern Aggression’
- Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ includes ‘Not the New Dream Syndicate Album’
- Dream Syndicate reissuing ‘Medicine Show,’ Steve Wynn playing albums live
- Steve Wynn to perform Dream Syndicate’s ‘Medicine Show’ in NY, LA