Seattle proto-grunge survivors Mudhoney last night returned to network television for the first time in 18 years, performing “I Like It Small,” off the band’s new album Vanishing Point, on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” plus a second song off the record, “The Only Song of the Widow From Nain,” as a web-only exclusive. You can watch both performances below.
The “Light Night” appearance comes ahead of Thursday’s Mudhoney performance atop Seattle’s Space Needle — part of Sub Pop Records’ 25th anniversary celebration.
Mudhoney, “I Like It Small”
Mudhoney, “The Only Son of the Widow From Nain”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Mudhoney marks 25th anniversary with new ‘Vanishing Point’ LP — download first track
- Video: Mudhoney, ‘Live at Bumbershoot’ — full 30-minute set played for Seattle’s KEXP
- Video: Mudhoney’s ‘Live in Berlin 1988’ — watch new trailer for concert DVD
- Mudhoney to release ‘Live in Berlin 1988′ DVD documenting ‘first grunge gig in Europe’
- Sub Pop reissuing ‘Superfuzz Bigmuff,’ early Mudhoney LPs on colored vinyl