Reunited post-punk/New Wave rockers Modern English — original members Robbie Grey (vocals), Gary McDowell (guitar), Mick Conroy (bass) and Stephen Walker (keyboards), plus guitarist Steven Walker and drummer Ric Chandler — have announced a nine-date tour of the East Coast that’s set for late August.
The band will open the short tour Aug. 21 in Norfolks, Conn., and wrap up on Aug. 31 with an appearance at the American Music Festival in Virgina Beach, Va. The group also has a San Diego-area date booked in October, however, so it appears more concerts may be likely later in the fall (see full tour dates below).
Modern English also has been recording a new studio album, although it’s not clear when that’s due out; it will be the first featuring the original members since 1996′s Everything’s Mad. In 2010, Grey released a Modern English record called Soundtrack, then reconvened the band shortly thereafter for sporadic touring.
Modern English tour dates:
Aug. 21: Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Norfolk, CT
Aug. 22: Mercury Lounge, New York, NY
Aug. 23: World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA
Aug. 24: The Saint, Asbury Park, NJ
Aug. 25: Maryland Live Casino, Hanover, MD
Aug. 27: The Pour House, Raleigh, NC
Aug. 28: Dollhouse Studios, Savannah, GA
Aug. 29: Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
Aug. 31: American Music Festival, Virginia Beach, VA
Oct. 11: Sycuan Casino, El Cajon, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Modern English cancels September tour of U.K., announces three concerts in Florida
- Video: Modern English at The Abbey in Orlando, Fla., 9/21/11 — full concert
- Free MP3: Modern English re-records ‘I Melt With You’ (again), sets short U.S. tour
- Modern English releases ‘Blister EP,’ sets 8-date North American tour this month
- Modern English reunites for short North American tour this summer
- Modern English preps ‘Soundtrack,’ issuing ‘Stop Start’ on CD for first time