Tears For Fears this week teased their upcoming 30th anniversary box set dedicated to landmark debut album The Hurting by sharing one of the tracks that will appear on the four-disc set: the original 12-inch mix of “Pale Shelter,” which the band notes “was a hit in NY clubs and the UK dance charts, which were the first hints of success for us.”
Revisit the mix below, and check out the full tracklist for The Hurting box set, which is due out Oct. 15.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: Tears For Fears gives Arcade Fire’s ‘Ready to Start’ an electro-orchestral makeover
- Tears For Fears’ ‘The Hurting’ box set: Remixes, B-sides, radios sessions, live DVD
- Tears For Fears’ ‘The Hurting’ getting expanded reissue, 4-disc box set in October?
- Curt Smith preps new album ‘Deceptively Heavy’ as Tears For Fears return to the studio
- Vintage Video: Tears For Fears, ‘In My Mind’s Eye’ — watch out-of-print 1984 concert film
After hearing this 12-inch version of their 1983 masterpiece, I am even more excited to pick up this box set.
This is really great version. I wish there is somewhere 12″ of ‘Working Hour’ from SFTBC.