The Cure is set to headline the BottleRock Festival in Napa Valley, Calif., next weekend, but that won’t be Robert Smith and Co.’s only appearance in Northern California: San Francisco radio station Live 105 has announced it has booked the band for a “secret” show that is to be announced on air at 3 p.m. EDT Friday (via Chain of Flowers).
UPDATE: The “secret show” is not actually a show, but, rather, a rehearsal on May 29, the night before the band plays BottleRock (Note: The Cure’s headlining set will take place 7:30 to 10 p.m. May 30).
Seven winners will be awarded two full three-day passes to BottleRock and two tickets to the May 29 rehearsal at an undisclosed location. So 14 fans will get to see what sounds like could be an early soundcheck.
To enter, head over here. But be warned: Buried in the official contest rules is the provision that winners must reside in “the nine (9) county jurisdiction that makes up the Greater San Francisco/Bay Area (San Francisco, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Mateo, Solano, Napa, and Sonoma Counties).”
We just locked in a very special and secret LIVE 105 show with one of the greatest bands ever..THE CURE! details this Friday at 3PM @LIVE105
— aaron axelsen (@AaronAxelsen) May 21, 2014
The Cure tour dates:
May 29: Live 105 “Secret Show,” CA
May 30: BottleRock Festival, Napa Valley, CA
Sept. 6-7: Riot Fest, Toronto, ON
Sept. 12-14: Riot Fest, Chicago, IL
Sept. 19-21: Riot Fest, Denver, CO
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure to headline Riot Fest in Toronto, Chicago and Denver this September
- The Cure’s ‘Disintegration’ turns 25 today — celebrate with 5 full Prayer Tour concerts
- Robert Smith: The Cure’s ‘4:13 Dream’ sessions to be released as 2 new albums
- Robert Smith not terribly keen on The Cure’s ‘new’ album — or more ‘Trilogy’ shows in 2014
- Video: The Cure digs out ‘2 Late,’ ‘Harold and Joe’ for massive 45-song London set
- The Cure to headline BottleRock festival in Napa Valley, Calif., this spring