The members of New Order have been talking up new music since reuniting a few years ago, and the prospect of a new album became that much more real this past September when the band signed to the legendary Mute label and it was announced that the now Peter Hook-less group soon would return to the studio to work on new music.
On Monday, the band offered a progress report on its work via an in-studio photo posted to Instagram bearing the caption “Mixing…” In that picture, shown above, bandmembers Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert can be seen, although Bernard Sumner doesn’t appear to be in the shot.
New Order’s most recent studio release was last year’s Lost Sirens, a collection of Waiting For the Sirens’ Call outtakes that stands as Hook’s last recordings with the group.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- New Order signs to Mute, heads back to studio to work on new album
- Video: New Order debuts new song ‘Plastic’ at North American tour opener in Chicago
- Watch The Charlatans’ Tim Burgess, half of New Order jam acoustic in a church
- Watch footballer John Barnes reprise his rap from New Order’s ‘World in Motion’ 24 years later
- Here’s pro-shot video of that new New Order song — which is actually called ‘Singularity’