Paul Weller’s forthcoming album Saturns Pattern will be released in the U.S. this spring by Warner Bros. Records, the former Jam leader announced today, debuting the video for first track “White Sky” and rolling out a 10-date North American tour this June.
The previously announced Saturns Pattern will be released May 12 in the U.S. (and the day before in the U.K. via Parlophone Records), and is Weller’s first since 2012’s Sonik Kicks. The album will be released in a multitude of formats: standard CD, deluxe CD/DVD set, vinyl album, and limited-edition deluxe box set with CD/DVD/vinyl album, plus digitally as well.
The nine-song album finds Weller backed by drummer Ben Gordelier and keyboardist Andy Croft, with additional guitar contributed by Steve Cradock of Ocean Colour Scene, Josh McClorey of The Strypes, and Steve Brooks, with whom Weller formed the short-lived original line-up of The Jam in 1972.
Weller also announced a 10-date North American tour in June that centers on the East Coast and Midwest, with “further tour announcements” to be confirmed “shortly” (see dates below).
Paul Weller tour dates:
June 9: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
June 10: Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
June 12: Terminal 5, New York, NY
June 13: Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
June 14: Upstate Music Hall, Clifton Park (Albany), NY
June 15: Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
June 17: Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
June 18: The Vogue, Indianapolis, IN
June 19: Mr Smalls Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA
June 20: Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Paul Weller to release ‘Saturn’s Pattern’ — 11th solo album — later this year
- The Jam’s ‘The Gift’ reissue box set to feature full 1982 Wembley concert, unreleased demos
- Paul Weller announces Los Angeles concert, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ appearance in October
- The Jam’s ‘The Gift’ to be reissued in 30th anniversary box set — submit your photos
- The Jam’s ‘Sound Affects: Deluxe Edition’ to feature 8 previously unreleased tracks
- Video: The Jam’s Paul Weller, Bruce Foxton reunite on stage; first time since 1982