Reunited 2 Tone ska legends The Specials return to North America this June for a 12-date run of concerts that will take the band to Canada and the east and west coasts of the United States. The tour opens with two shows in Toronto on June 6 and 7, then plays a few East Coast dates, followed by a West Coast run, before ending at a Quebec festival on June 24.
The band currently features three original members members — singer Terry Hall, bassist Horace Panter and guitarist/vocalist Lynval Golding — with Ocean Colour Scene guitarist Steve Craddock and drummer Gary Powell of The Libertines also on board.
See full dates below.
The Specials tour dates:
June 6: Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
June 7: Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
June 9: Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY
June 10: The Stone Pony Summer Stage, Astbury Park, NJ
June 12: Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR
June 13: The Showbox, Seattle, WA
June 16: House of Blues, San Diego, CA
June 17: Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
June 18: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
June 22: Sound Stage, Baltimore, MD
June 23: Higher Ground Ballroom, South Burlington, VT
June 24: Amnesia Rockfest, Montbello, QC
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- The Specials to reissue 3 original studio albums in expanded 2CD deluxe editions
- The Specials returning to North America this summer for second leg of tour
- The Specials begin rolling out dates for first leg of North American tour this March
- The Specials announce U.S. tour, South By Southwest dates as Neville Staple leaves band
- The Specials announce U.K. concerts, hint at ‘two-part tour of the U.S.A.’ in 2013