Bauhaus circa 2008 | Photo by Anton Corbijn
The reunion of goth-rock legends Bauhaus will extend beyond the three shows the band played in Hollywood in November and December as the group — Peter Murphy, Daniel Ash, Kevin Haskins, David J — today announced additional concerts in London and New York City.
Bauhaus will perform at London’s Alexandra Palace on April 8 and at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 26. Tickets for both concerts go on sale 10 a.m. local time on Thursday, Dec. 19.
The band played its first concerts in 13 years this fall, beginning with shows on Nov. 3 and 4 at the 5,000-capacity Hollywood Palladium, then a third date, Dec. 1, at the same venue.
Bauhaus first reunited for well-received tours in 1998 and then again in 2005, but the group had not played live since it finished its European tour in early 2006. The band followed that up with a new album, Go Away White, which was released in 2008. But that also marked Bauhaus’s end, as the group crumbled in acrimony and didn’t tour or promote the new record.
In recent years, Ash and Haskins have toured as Poptone, performing sets largely comprised of their Tones on Tail material, but also featuring selections by Bauhaus and Love and Rockets. David J joined Murphy last year on his tour celebrating 40 years of Bauhaus.
It’s still not clear if further touring plans or in the works, or just a series of one-off shows.
Bauhaus tour dates
April 8: Alexandra Palace, London, UK
June 26: Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Bauhaus performs Brian Eno’s ‘Third Uncle’ for first time in 2 decades
- Bauhaus roars back to life with first concert in 13 years: Hollywood Palladium setlist + video
- Bauhaus adds third reunion concert at Hollywood Palladium ‘due to record sellouts’
- Bauhaus adds 2nd show in Hollywood, Peter Murphy reschedules New York dates
- Undead, undead, undead: Bauhaus reunites for first concert in 13 years this November
- Peter Murphy: ‘I am very happy to say that I have made a full recovery’ from heart attack
- Peter Murphy suffers heart attack; remainder of New York City residency postponed
- Six Bauhaus albums to be reissued on colored vinyl for band’s 40th anniversary
- Bauhaus releasing 5-song 1979 studio session that spawned ‘Bela Lugosi’s Dead’