The reunion of goth-rock legends Bauhaus continues to expand beyond the three shows the band played in Hollywood, with the announcement on Friday of a third 2020 date, this time in México City, between previously announced concerts in London and New York City.
Bauhaus — Peter Murphy, Daniel Ash, Kevin Haskins, David J — will perform April 28 at Frontón México. Ticket details will be announced next week, according to a David J post on Facebook.
The band played its first concerts in 13 years this fall, beginning with shows on Nov. 3 and 4 at the 5,000-capacity Hollywood Palladium, then a third date, Dec. 1, at the same venue.
Bauhaus first reunited for well-received tours in 1998 and then again in 2005, but the group had not played live since it finished its European tour in early 2006. The band followed that up with a new album, Go Away White, which was released in 2008. But that also marked Bauhaus’s end, as the group crumbled in acrimony and didn’t tour or promote the new record.
In recent years, Ash and Haskins have toured as Poptone, performing sets largely comprised of their Tones on Tail material, but also featuring selections by Bauhaus and Love and Rockets. David J joined Murphy last year on his tour celebrating 40 years of Bauhaus.
It’s still not clear if further touring plans or in the works, or just a series of one-off shows.
Bauhaus tour dates
April 8: Alexandra Palace, London, UK
April 28: Frontón México, México City, México
June 26: Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bauhaus reunion continues into 2020 with concerts in New York City, London
- Watch: Bauhaus performs Brian Eno’s ‘Third Uncle’ for first time in 2 decades
- Bauhaus roars back to life with first concert in 13 years: Hollywood Palladium setlist + video
- Bauhaus adds third reunion concert at Hollywood Palladium ‘due to record sellouts’
- Bauhaus adds 2nd show in Hollywood, Peter Murphy reschedules New York dates
- Undead, undead, undead: Bauhaus reunites for first concert in 13 years this November