Photo by Phil Sharp
Erasure today premiered “Shot a Satellite,” the second track off the duo’s first new record in three years and 18th studio album overall — a 10-track collection called The Neon that will be released by Mute on Aug. 21. You can hear the new song in full below.
The track follows the release last month of The Neon’s first single “Hey Now (Think I Got a A Feeling).”
Andy Bell and Vince Clarke came together together in Atlanta to record vocals for the album, and the duo mixed the record earlier this year in London. According to the label, the project found the two returning to work together “with a fresh optimism and energy, in part born from their own recent personal projects” and a focus on classic pop sounds.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Erasure previews new album ‘The Neon’ with single ‘Hey Now (Think I Got A Feeling)’
- Erasure to reissue ‘Wild!’ in 30th anniversary edition with 5 previously unreleased tracks
- Listen: Erasure, ‘Love You To the Sky’ — first single off upcoming ‘World Be Gone’
- Erasure to release ‘World Be Gone’ — first new album in 3 years — in May
- Erasure announce new album ‘The Violet Flame’ and massive 58-date tour
- Stream Erasure’s new Christmas album ‘Snow Globe’ in full a week ahead of release