The Cure is appearing on the soundtrack to an “Underworld” sequel (in remixed form) for the second time in three years, and while the Underworld Awakening: Official Motion Soundtrack album isn’t out until Jan. 31, you can now stream Danny Lohner’s “Renholdër Remix” of the Wish ballad “Apart” below (via Chain of Flowers).
Lohner, who has played with Nine Inch Nails and Killing Joke, and who also remixed 2008’s “Underneath the Stars” for the “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans” soundtrack, makes the 1992 track sound a bit more ominous and industrial, while also shoving Robert Smith’s vocals far out front.
Check it out.
Stream: The Cure, ‘Apart’ (Renholdër Remix)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure adds Primavera Sound, Bilbao BBK, Optimus Alive to slate of summer festivals
- The Cure confirms Pinkpop, Eurockéennes, Roskilde, Heineken Jammin’, Rock in Roma
- The Cure confirms Hultsfred, Hurricane, Southside festivals — ‘lots more to come’
- The Cure to headline ‘series of major European music festivals’ this summer
- The Cure reissuing ‘Wish’ in 2012, prepping ‘Friday I’m In Love’ Record Store Day 7-inch
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys make Rock Hall of Fame — The Cure snubbed
- The Cure’s Robert Smith hints at 2012 tour, tells New York: ‘We’ll see you again next year’
I like it, but–there’s a bit of Massive Attack’s “Teardrop” at the start–or–other way round?
Great mix of one of the best “deep cuts” by the classic line-up!
…aaaand it’s no longer up there
yo, that crushed the “Wish” mix like a grape –
Stream in article no longer works. Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IAeYCERC3c