It’s not all bad news these days for Morrissey fans: The ex-Smiths singer today announced that he will reissue his sophomore album Kill Uncle this April along with his 1989 single “The Last of the Famous International Playboys,” the latter of which will feature three new, previously unreleased songs as B-sides.
According to a news release posted at True To You, a newly remastered edition of Moz’s 1991 album will be reissued April 8. The album will be released in gatefold CD and LP with new, yet-to-be-revealed cover art, as Morrissey has done for many of his reissues.
Like he did with last year’s Viva Hate reissue, Morrissey is taking the opportunity to tinker with the tracklist, re-ordering a number of the songs and adding “Pashernate Love,” a B-side to Your Arsenal single “You’re the One For Me, Fatty,” and “East West,” a Herman’s Hermits cover that appeared as the B-side to “Ouija Board, Ouija Board.” He also has replaced the original recording of “There’s a Place in Hell For Me and My Friends” with a “live in studio” version.
The press material for the reissue notes “the album has a revitalized quality, which accentuates some of its more subtle, experimental qualities and nuances; in particular, some of the more unusual musical styles which Morrissey explored for the first time.”
On the same date, the “Last of the Famous International Playboys” single will be reissued on 7-inch picture disc, CD single and digital download. All three will feature a different, as-yet-unreleased song that Morrissey recorded for BBC Radio 2’s Janice Long Show on June 15, 2011, and has been performing live ever since.
Tracklist: Morrissey, Kill Uncle reissue
1. “Our Frank”
2. “Sing Your Life”
3. “Mute Witness”
4. “King Leer”
5. “Asian Rut”
6. “Pashernate Love”
7. “East West”
8. “Found Found Found”
9. “Driving Your Girlfriend Home”
10. “The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye”
11. “There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends” (Live in the studio version)
12. “(I’m) The End Of The Family Line”
“The Last Of The Famous International Playboys” formats:
B-side: “People Are The Same Everywhere” (BBC live version)
B-side: “Action Is My Middle Name” (BBC live version)
B-side: “The Kid’s A Looker” (BBC live version)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey postpones concerts in Las Vegas, Phoenix ‘due to doctor’s orders’
- Morrissey lives! ‘Reports of my death have been greatly understated,’ singer says
- Morrissey postpones 6 more U.S. concerts after being diagnosed with bleeding ulcer
- Morrissey hospitalized in Michigan with ‘suspected bladder infection’
- Morrissey scrubs concerts in Flint, Chicago, Minneapolis over ‘band member illness’
- Morrissey reschedules U.S. tour, adds 8 dates, replaces Stooges with Patti Smith in L.A.
- Morrissey cancels remainder of U.S. tour over ailing mother, promises to reschedule