Morrissey will follow up his May residency on Broadway with a 14-date U.S. tour this September and October in support of his forthcoming covers album California Son, a trek that will be supported by modern-day post-punk act Interpol.
The late-summer/early-fall tour opens Sept. 5 in Columbia, Md., and runs through an Oct. 6 date in the San Diego area. The public on-sale for those dates begins 10 a.m. local time Friday.
Morrissey next month will release a new album of cover songs, a collection that will include songs by Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Phil Ochs, Jobraith and more — with members of Green Day, Grizzly Bear and Young the Giant guesting. The singer this week released his cover of The 5th Dimension’s “Wedding Bell Blues” with Armstrong and The Regrettes’ Lydia Night.
Hear that new track, and see Moz’s full tour dates, below.
Morrissey and Interpol tour dates
Sept. 5: Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
Sept. 7: Forest Hills Stadium, Queens, NY
Sept. 9: BB&T Pavilion, Philadelphia, PA
Sept. 11: Fraze Pavilion, Kettering, OH
Sept. 13: Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, Detroit, MI
Sept. 14: Ravinia Amphitheater, Chicago, IL
Sept. 18: Verizon Theatre, Dallas, TX
Sept. 20: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX
Sept. 21: White Oak Outdoor Lawn, Houston, TX
Sept. 28: Saltair Pavilion, Salt Lake City, UT
Sept. 30: Theatre of the Clouds, Portland, OR
Oct. 3: Bill Graham Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
Oct. 5: Five Point Amphitheatre, Irvine, CA
Oct. 6: Pechanga Arena, San Diego, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Morrissey enlists members of Green Day, Grizzly Bear for ‘California Son’ covers album
- Morrissey abandons his boycott of Canada, imposes 8-date tour on peaceful nation
- Morrissey cancels Boston concert as another U.S. tour comes to an ignominious end
- Morrissey performs The Smiths’ ‘I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish’ for first time ever
- Watch: Morrissey debuts new songs, covers The Pretenders in 55-minute set for BBC
- The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers
Canceling announcement in 5,4,3,2…..
Doing something for the fans for a change … when he inevitably falls ill to penne pasta before every other date, the crowd still gets to see a band play.
I’d go but he supports too many anti-democratic folks in the UK.
Steven was a canceller.