Killing Joke is due to perform its first two albums in concert Sunday night at London’s Royal Albert Hall, and ahead of that concert, the band has released a thunderous new single called “Full Spectrum Dominance.” You can hear the song and a remix by bassist Youth below.
The new single, which is available digitally, follows last year’s four-song Lord of Chaos EP. The band’s last full-length album, Pylon, was released in 2015. Killing Joke’s original lineup — Jaz Coleman, Paul Ferguson, Geordie Walker and Youth — has been back together since 2010’s Absolute Dissent album.
Below, check out the new single.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Killing Joke to release new “Lord of Chaos” EP, tour U.K. — hear new song
- Killing Joke announces 40th anniversary box sets, ‘Laugh At Your Peril’ world tour
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Killing Joke’s Jaz Coleman talks about the end of the world
- Killing Joke collects ‘four hours of dub annihilation’ on new ‘Killing Joke in Dub’ set
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Killing Joke’s Jaz Coleman testifies under the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1989
- Killing Joke’s Paul Ferguson sidelined by tendonitis from ‘restoring ancient sculptures’
I love killing joke they never ever got the fame they deserved
Heard this on Radio 6 and thought it rocked until I looked up the QAnon-esque anti-vax lyrics and felt queasy. In interviews, Jaz has apparently become a major advocate of the stuff in the song about how we have been “replaced” by “cabals.” I was surprised BBC Radio 6 would air something like this and am troubled by the vaguely anti-Semitic implications of the cabal / conspiracy stuff.